Monday, March 30, 2015

Unintended consequences

Under the category of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it', I went to make a new cover for my novel End Play...and not only wouldn't the system let me do it but the old cover went 'poof!' Now I'm stuck! My member dashboard has a glaring red 'attention needed' screaming at me and I don't know how to fix it! So I 're-published' the book under a new title "Edge of Eternity" (A lot closer to the subject matter than End Play, which is tied to the events in the Series...)

Both works, Hard Reality and End Play are, er, 'self-contained' enough to stand alone, in fact if it weren't for the fact that one begins on the same day the other ends, the reader wouldn't even suspect there was a connection.

If 're-titling' my projects doesn't raise too many red flags at Create Space, I intend to rename Hard Reality as 'Unplugged' (again, a title that more closely reflects the events that take place in the book.)

In a self-defeating turn of events, promoting my works on social media has resulted in zero reviews because my friends can tell me in person how much they enjoyed my book...go figure? [sigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment