Tuesday, May 26, 2015

You are what you believe

Mary Kay (the cosmetics tycoon) is credited with the euphemism, "if you think you can, you can and if you think you can't, you're right."

Disturbingly, I find that my blog over on Goodreads has zero readers, which I find hard to fathom because the variables are unknown. Of all my Facebook freinds only my pastor is a member at goodreads (meaning the bulk of the people I grew up with classify themselves as 'non-readers'.

Not necessarily a bad thing but not something I find particularly helpful, especially when the purpose of my blog is to raise awareness of various disturbing developments in the underpinnings of our society.

Left to our, er, 'imagination' is where the 'fourth estates' loyalties lie, to the public or to their shareholders?

Worse, nor overlay the concept of you are what you think you are and reflect on how chilling a lying media can have on the public well-being.

For example follow this link then ponder why no US news outlet reported the hack never mind any of the released information...don't suppose it might be damaging for the public to learn what's going on between US financial concerns and Saudi rulers?

But equally as disturbing to me is how the same people charged with 'keeping the public informed' also happen to be some of the most highly compensated individuals in our badly broken society? [raising the question of how instrumental were they in creating today's massive social imbalances? I'd opine 'crucial'!]

Which is to ask, how 'free' is the press we are currently saddled with? Can the minders of the one percent be relied upon when they share the interests of our collective oppressors?

More disturbing is if these individuals want to retain their lofty perches, the must tow the line drawn by none other than their shareholders, a majority of whom are members of our freshly minted billionaire class.

How sad is it good citizen that I'm old enough to remember when the world was gifted with it's first 'billionaire' (how queer is it that since our first reported 'for real' billionaire, the media has gone back into the historic record to make many more of them by 'modernizing' the fortunes of old.

While this report indicates the flunkies of the billionaire class are paid in annual multi-million dollar salaries, justified by the salaries other 'entertainers' make, how much of what passes for 'news' is actually 'info-tainment?

I know I belabor the obvious but stories like this make me edgy.

Thanks for letting me inside your head,



No comments:

Post a Comment