Monday, May 18, 2015

Desperation


Greetings good citizen;

Once again I have decided to bless you with a dose of what passes for wisdom (in a world apparently devoid of it.) Worse, when you're the one dispensing it, you also get to define what is or isn't (not that you have to agree.)

Perhaps that will be the first pearl we can agree to disagree about, wisdom is where you find it.

Like the parent that visits his critically injured child in the hospital and dryly shares the observation "bet you don't do that again!"

Is this wisdom or simply belaboring the obvious? You choose.

But I digress. (Something I do frequently and aging isn't helping...even a little.)

The topic dujuor is Desperation...that relentless desire for things/situations to turn out other than the way they are currently going.

And try as we may, no life is free from the base root of desperation, which is to say none of us are completly free of despair. (If I don't sound like the adult in my earlier example I certainly feel like him.)

To a degree, there is much to fret over, no denying it. What troubles me more often than not is how the media is always waving red flags that only a few people care about.

Is this due to their 'journalistic responsibility' to not agitate the public or are they really that clueless?

Just as 'the Working Class' has disappeared from the media's lexicon (replaced with the more nebulous 'Middle Class'...which is indeed a different animal altogether from that newly minted animal that ocassionally pops up in the media dubbed 'The working poor')

Time to repeat one of my classic memes, If you can't live on what your boss pays you, it's not your bosses problem, it's YOURS!

Little things like this, the growing ranks of the working poor coupled with rising prices the so-called 'economists' among us consistently ignore are indeed fueling a larger shared sense of 'desperation'.

That and a majority of the current population sprinting for the nursing home...well, pardon me because in my humble opinion, things are looking mighty desperate for the vast majority of us.

So I leave you to ponder if this is wisdom, belaboring the obvious or nonsense.

You (as always) get to decide for yourself.

Thanks for letting me inside your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment