Friday, September 4, 2015

Had to Happen

Well, I finally got 'Happy Birthday'd'. My 59th was Sunday and on Wednesday I got another visit from my old friend 'Lack of Work'.

My resume is largely phantom at this point in the game, even the McDonalds I worked at when I was a kid is a smokin' hole in the ground today.

If I held my (complete) resume to my chin, it would hit the floor (and I'm six feet tall)

Not a big surprise if you've been paying attentiion to our massively mis-managed economy (capitalism sucks, it only benefits the 'capitalist'!)

If my track record is anything to go by I (along with a few hundred million other, er, 'unsuccessful' individuals who haven't done a very good job of 'making themselves useful' in this bootstrap environment created for us by the capitalists.

Why me? Sort of figured I was in trouble when I figured out I was but one of a small handful of non-relatives. Almost everybody else in the company was related to the big guy (and good on him for taking care of his own! I don't blame him in the slightest! In fact, I don't blame anybody but the freebooting bucaneers that saddled us with this 'buyer beware' operating system (where even the judges have to look to their pocketbook before rendering...judgement.)

Decide the 'wrong way' and you won't be a judge much longer, fairness and impartiality be damned.

This is even more reprehensible when you consider how money is BS, a 'legal fiction' that you are forced to agree to.

I know I'm not the only one that did a doubletake when I read how today's 'experts' are recommending that you have a couple of million set aside so you don't run out of cash after you retire.

How the hell is anybody earning an 'average' wage supposed to lay aside that much cash when the average wage only affords a 'hand to mouth' existence?

Obviously the 'experts' aren't referring to the 'average individual' when they are dispensing retirement advice. They are addressing their 'betters'.

There's a lot wrong in the world and none of it will change until they run what we currently suffer off a cliff. Then the Bucaneers will start all over again, telling what you do and don't deserve (while they expect YOU to do all the heavy lifting'...and the sad truth is you'll do it (happily, waving the flag and saluting the whole time) so long as it allows you to live indoors and eat regularly!

Look at how cheaply we sell justice (and with it what passes for 'freedom'.)

Not everyone is a moron...but the sad truth is too many are. It's not their fault, it's how they were built. Only a few had to be smart enough to figure out how to do the job safely, the rest just had to put their backs into it and do what they were told.

Yes, good citizen, there is shockingly little interest in justice or fairness, it's almost like the qualities have been bred out of our species (as much as they could be, we'd have gone extinct if they had succeeded in elimanating those qualities that make us human entirely.

Is the pendulum swinging back toward justice and equality?

If it is, the exploiters are working overtime to thwart those influences that challenge their power over the rest of us.

The majority of us are child-like, trusting and gullible (to a fault, just look at the state of our political system and shudder at how it got that way!)

If we don't put a stop to those who would cheat you of your basic rights for their own enrichment, we have nobody but ourselves to blame.

So get off your dead backsides and do it!

Thanks for leting me inside your head,

Gegner.



No comments:

Post a Comment